Hermana Marin Fisher

Hermana Marin Fisher
California Fresno Mission, 1814 N. Echo Ave., Fresno, CA 93704-6046

Monday, June 18, 2018

#57 - WELCOME TO LOS BANOS

Saying goodbye to Selma!



I LOVE THIS TOWN!! I've just felt so loved already. The first day I was here we got a text from the Bishop's wife asking when we would be coming by so that they could meet me, and the people here are incredible. It's so different though! I asked Hermana Reid how much Spanish/ English it was and she said, 95% English and 5% Tongan with some Spanish thrown in. Haha I love it so much. I sang a hymn in english on sunday, and I gave a talk in english, and I ate food from ...well Tonga! But we've also been teaching a bunch of people in spanish here, they're hoping to start a spanish branch. 

Hermana Reid!
Also, we live in a house? And on the way back from transfer hub our car had reached the mileage limit so we got a brand new one. I feel super duper spoiled.
We live in a house!!!
It's super fun too, because my cousin Sister Jeppeson served in Los Banos a little over a year ago! And it's been fun putting in records and seeing all that has happened. 

Miracles: we went to see a potential, and we got out of the car and met this man named Jesse, and we had such a good discussion with him and he wants to teach his nephew. We just really felt that we were guided by the Spirit this week.

I met Sister Laguna, and she said, is this the famous Sister Fisher?? Her son in law trained my dad when he started his mission!!

The world is small, and I love it. I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ lives. And I am grateful for our Heavenly Father who works everyday to mold us into who He wants us to be. Love you all!

 -- 
Hermana Marin Fisher
California Fresno Mission
1814 N Echo
Fresno, CA 93704

No comments:

Post a Comment